'Be the Change' Youth Training Program
What will participants do at ‘Be the Change’?
- Learn about and discuss health and education topics
- Network with each other and school-based health care advocates at the convention
- Engage in various activities and workshops about health, education, policy, and leadership
What will participants gain from ‘Be the Change’?
- Advocacy and leadership skills
- Expanded knowledge of school-based health care
- Fun with peers from across the country through interactive, team-building activities!
We started the ‘Be the Change’ Youth Training Program in 2013 as a platform dedicated for young people to grow in knowledge and confidence as directors of their health and champions of youth voices. We strive for youth to recognize, enhance, and apply their talents and skills as influential, ethical leaders of youth-led, school-based health promotion.
During the program, participants learn about and discuss health and education topics, develop advocacy and leadership skills, and have fun through interactive, team-building activities. ‘Be the Change’ participants get to know each other and school-based health care advocates and engage in various workshops about health, education, policy, and leadership.